Advice I Ignored: Stories and Wisdom from a Formerly Depressed Teenager
Publisher: Ruby Walker
ISBN 10: 1733478973
ISBN 13: 978-1733478977
Advice I Ignored is the only book about teenage depression that was actually written by a teenager!
When Ruby Walker was fifteen, she went from a numb, silent, miserable high school dropout to a joyous loudmouth in one year flat. Advice I Ignored answers the question everyone's been asking her since: What happened? In ten illustrated chapters, you'll learn how to:
- get out from under self-hatred
- gain a sense of free will
- deal with failure without falling apart
- create your way through an existential crisis
- use exercise to beg your brain for endorphins
- have an identity beyond "sad"
- and more!
Full of embarrassing stories, honest advice, and fierce hope, Advice I Ignored is a self-help book for people who hate help. And themselves.
"If you are a teen struggling with depression and anxiety, an adult working with teens, or an adult who is yet to shake off those traumatic teenage situations, Advice I Ignored is for you." - Jo-Ann Duff, duffythewriterblog.com