Chicken Soup for the Soul: Believe in Miracles: 101 Stories of Hope, Answered Prayers and Divine Intervention
Publisher: Chicken Soup for the Soul
ISBN 10: 1611599970
ISBN 13: 978-1611599978
These true stories of answered prayers, divine intervention, messages from heaven and miraculous healing will give you hope and deepen your faith.
Miracles happen every day—to people from all walks of life. You’ll be inspired, awed and comforted by these 101 stories from ordinary people who’ve had extraordinary experiences, including:
- Maggie, who told her mom at age 12 that she would marry the handsome star of her favorite movie, and then through a series of coincidences met him as an adult while an actress. She and Mark have been married more than 40 years.
- Cherri, who dreamt she found her drowned toddler floating in a neighbor’s pool after an extensive search. When she awoke, her son was actually missing. Cherri ran straight to the neighbor’s and found her son kneeling at the edge of the pool.
- Robert, who was pronounced dead after 30 minutes of CPR but whose wife insisted the doctor go back in and keep trying. All Robert remembers is an angel who kept pushing him away from the threshold of a serene blue-lit place he wanted to enter.
- Sherry, the Army officer who lost the diamond from her ring on the first day of training, spent weeks looking for it, and prayed during her graduation for it to be returned to her. Then she looked down and saw it in the mud between her boots.
- Lynn, who dreamt she saw a couple leave their newborn by a well where two women found her. A year later, Lynn adopted a one-year-old girl from China. When she and her daughter visited the orphanage 14 years later they saw the well where she had been left and met the two women who found her, exactly as in the dream.
"Chicken Soup for the Soul: Believe in Miracles is a collection of heartwarming stories of real-life experiences that recount amazing and unexplained events that have occurred in the lives of the contributors that will leave the reader with a feeling of awe and wonder.", dove.org
About the Author
Amy Newmark is Chicken Soup for the Soul's author, editor-in-chief, and publisher, after a 30-year career as a writer, speaker, financial analyst, and business executive in the worlds of finance and telecommunications. Amy is a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard College, where she majored in Portuguese, minored in French, and traveled extensively. She and her husband have four grown children and two-plus grandchildren.
After a long career writing books on telecommunications, voluminous financial reports, business plans, and corporate press releases, Chicken Soup for the Soul is a breath of fresh air for Amy. She has fallen in love with Chicken Soup for the Soul and its life-changing books, and really enjoys putting these books together for Chicken Soup's wonderful readers. She has co-authored and/or edited the last 160 Chicken Soup for the Soul titles, all the ones published since mid-2008.
You can reach Amy with any questions or comments through firstname.lastname@example.org and you can follow her on Twitter @amynewmark.