Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies, 3rd Edition
Publisher: For Dummies
ISBN 10: 1119601126
ISBN 13: 978-1119601128
Retrain your thinking and your life with these simple, scientifically proven techniques!
Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT for short, is often cited as the gold standard of psychotherapy. Its techniques allow you to identify the negative thought processes that hold you back and exchange them for new, productive ones that can change your life. Increasingly popular among healthcare professionals, the CBT approach can be used by anyone to overcome common problems ranging from depression or anxiety to more complex disorders like OCD, PTSD and addiction. CBT can also be used to simply developing a healthier, more productive outlook on life.
This book shows you how you can easily incorporate the techniques of CBT into your day-to-day life and produce tangible results.. You’ll learn how to take your negative thoughts to boot camp and retrain them, establishing new habits that tackle your toxic thoughts and retool your awareness, allowing you be free of the weight of past negative thinking biases.
- Move on: take a fresh look at your past and maybe even overcome it
- Mellow out: relax yourself through techniques that reduce anger and stress
- Lighten up: read practical advice on healthy attitudes for living and ways to nourish optimism
- Look again: discover how to overcome low self-esteem and body image issues
Whatever the issue, don’t let your negative thoughts have the last say―buy a copy of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Dummies and start developing your new outlook on life today!
From the Back Cover
- Achieve a happier and healthier life
- Use CBT to overcome anxiety, depression, and more
- Improve your outlook and develop new ways of thinking
Proven techniques to improve your life
Cognitive Behaivioural Therapy (CBT) is one of the most used and effective treatments for such difficulties as depression, anxiety, and anger issues. In this book, two professional therapists explain CBT and provide you with techniques you can use every day to spot errors in your thinking, tackle toxic thoughts, and refocus and retool your awareness to lead to a happier and more productive life.
- Set achievable goals
- Learn to identify your feelings
- Face your fears and improve your mood
- Build new helpful beliefs
- Know when to consider a therapist
- Tackle eating disorders and body dysmorphia disorder
About the Author
Rhena Branch is an accredited CBT practitioner, supervisor and trainer who has trained hundreds of counselors. She is currently a lecturer at the University of East Anglia. Rob Willson, PhD, is a cognitive behavioural therapist with over 25 years experience. He teaches and supervises internationally on CBT for OCD and Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).