Fun and Relaxing Activities for Adults: Puzzles for People with Dementia [Large-Print] (Best Gifts for People with Dementia)
Publisher: Independently published
ISBN 13: 979-8603839646
This fun and relaxing activity book offers self-empowerment, hope, and dignity to people with mild dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or those rehabilitating after a stroke.
Full of easy exercises that vary in level from extremely easy (to build confidence) to slightly more challenging (for more stimulation).
Stimulating Activities Can Help People with Dementia
- Spark memories
- Feel more engaged
- Lessen anxiety
- Encourage self-expression
Connect to a Loved One
- Set a positive mood for interaction with fun and relaxing puzzles
- Quiet and calm activity, especially for afternoon and evening hours
- Calming activities reduce anxiety and offer stress relief
- No mention of dementia, memory loss, or anything that could cause stress or embarrassment
Easy to Read
- Large print text
- Simple instructions
- Easy to read solutions
Includes 60 Stimulating Exercises to practice logic, visual skills, and reduce anxiety
- Crosswords: 10 Puzzles based on common idioms
- Coloring Pages: 10 relaxing one-sided pages to avoid bleed through
- Categories: 10 Puzzles- List as many words in the category given
- Complete the Drawing: 10 Exercises with fun and easy drawings
- Find the Match: 10 Puzzles- Connect the matching images on the page
- How Many?: 10 Puzzles- Count how many of each image are on the page.
Comfortable to hold
- Soft cover
- 8.5 x 11 inches
- 104 pages
Helpful Tips for Caregivers
- Concentrate on the process of the activity, not the results. What matters is that your loved one enjoyed the time spent on it.
- Sit beside your loved-one in a quiet area with no distractions
- Avoid shadows or reflections on the pages
- It may be easier for some to cut out the pages and work on the hard, flat surface of the table
- Use activities for elderly people with dementia in a group or care setting to bring individuals together and as an entertaining activity that helps combat boredom or depression.
- If your parent or senior loved one resists an activity, take a break and try again later.
More Products, Activities, and Gifts for People with Alzheimer's or Dementia
Click on "Mighty Oak Books" underneath the book title for our full catalogue.
- Fun and Relaxing Activities for Adults (Vol. 1)- Best Seller!
- Picture Book of Psalms- Best Seller!
- Coloring Book of Psalms
- Word Search Bible Puzzle Book
- Picture Book of Hymns
- Picture Book of Gospels
- Picture Book of Proverbs
- Picture Book of Puppies- Best Seller!
- Picture Book of Birds
- Picture Book of Bunnies- New!
- Picture Book of Sunsets
- Picture Book of Sewing- New!
- Picture Book of Flowers
- Picture Book of Landscapes
- Picture Book of Lakes