IAAP Handbook of Applied Psychology
ISBN 10: 140519331X
ISBN 13: 978-1405193313
The IAAP Handbook of Applied Psychology, an up-to-date and authoritative reference, provides a critical overview of applied psychology from an international perspective.
- Brings together articles by leading authorities from around the world
- Provides the reader with a complete overview of the field and highlights key research findings
- Divided into three parts: professional psychology, substantive areas of applied psychology, and special topics in applied psychology
- Explores the challenges, opportunities, and potential future developments in applied psychology
- Features comprehensive coverage of the field, including topics as diverse as clinical health psychology, environmental psychology, and consumer psychology
“The fourth audience that may find this volume very helpful is composed of those psychologists who are steeped in the literature and practices of their field in their own countries but have limited international experience. Most practicing psychologists who read this book are likely to learn something new about another field. Finally, researchers who are distanced from their practitioner colleagues may find the research agendas enlightening.” (PsycCRITIQUES, 11 April 2012)
The IAAP Handbook of Applied Psychology is a reference book that no applied psychologist can do without. It covers all the areas of applied and professional psychology, with leading scholars throughout the world. It is a masterpiece of outstanding quality by a team of distinguished international psychologists. A must buy for all applied psychologists.
―Professor Cary L. Cooper, Lancaster University
This up-to-date reference compendium on professional psychology, in all its specializations and on applied psychological research, is a landmark resource for every behavioral scientist-practitioner.
―Dr. Kurt Pawlik, University of Hamburg
Seldom do we see a handbook covering the entire field of applied psychology from an international perspective, and never before have I seen such a comprehensive volume with as many distinguished editors and contributors. With coverage of not only clinical and counseling, but also such emerging fields as traffic psychology, psychology applied to poverty, psychology applied to terrorism, and psychology applied to forced migrants, this book will be an invaluable resource for psychologists working in any area of applied psychology.
―David H. Barlow,Boston University