Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic: Workbook for Primary Care Settings (Treatments That Work)
Publisher: Oxford University Press
ISBN 10: 9780195311341
ISBN 13: 978-0195311341
Do you have rushes of fear accompanied by a pounding heart, trembling, dizziness, and feelings of unreality that make you think you're sick, dying, or losing your mind? Do these feelings interfere with your normal daily routine, or prevent you from doing things you would normally do? Do you find yourself seeking medical treatment for symptoms related to your panic? If you are prone to panic attacks and constantly worry about when the next attack may come, you may suffer from panic disorder and/or agoraphobia.
Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic, Workbook for Primary Care Settings outlines a time-limited treatment for dealing with panic disorder and agoraphobia. If you primarily seek treatment from your family doctor, this workbook will be useful. Based on the principles of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), the program described can be delivered by your general practitioner or other health or mental health care provider in the primary care setting in up to six sessions. A modified version of the more intensive 12-session program that currently exists, this treatment represents an introduction of the skills and techniques for overcoming panic disorder that you can easily learn and continue on your own.
This workbook will teach you the importance of record-keeping and monitoring your progress, as well as breathing techniques and thinking skills to reduce your anxiety. You will learn how to face your fear of physical symptoms and anxiety-inducing situations. Self-assessment tools, homework exercises, and interactive forms allow you to become an active participant in your treatment. This program will help you take charge of your panic and allow you the freedom to stop relying on medication and health services for relief of your symptoms.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
About the Author
Michelle G. Craske is Professor of Clinical Psychology and Director of the Anxiety Disorders Behavioral Research Program at UCLA.
David H. Barlow is Professor of Psychology and Director of the Center for Anxiety Disorders at Boston University in Boston, MA.