On Coaching with The Birkman Method
Publisher: Booklocker.com, Inc.
ISBN 10: 1632637863
ISBN 13: 978-1632637864
ISBN 10: 1632637820
ISBN 13: 978-1632637826
This book is not just about using the Birkman method. Nor is it just for Birkman coaches. It is about how our personalities work, how and why we communicate the way we do, how we can shift our automatic responses and actions to make conscious choices and produce better outcomes in our lives.
Note: Don't let the title fool you. This book is definitely not just for experienced coaches using the Birkman Method. Yet its wisdom may influence you to become one!
- Enhance your knowledge of the creation and evolution of the human personality
- Learn to ask more effective questions
- Build greater perceptive abilities.
- Interpret your own and other's behaviors with new awareness and sensitivity
- Envision greater possibilities for your life and your relationships
- Inspire yourself and others to more authentic and effective action.
- Based on solid theoretical and philosophical grounding, you'll go all the way to practical examples of how we use language to create our life's circumstances.
- Be introduced to knowledge in this book that isn't in any other books or materials on the Birkman Method.
- Study the first and only marriage of Ontological Coaching to the Birkman Method.
- Learn practical skills from actual examples gathered in 30 years of coaching with the Birkman.
- With knowledge developed in a career of over three decades, keep this book on your bookshelf as a guide and reference manual to the best coaching practices. It's like having a master coach available to you any time you need him.
5 stars. Deep. Insightful. Challenging. A GREAT book!
I have read a LOT of books purporting to link The Birkman Method to effective coaching, this one NAILS it. Bob's approach is from the viewpoint of an ontological coach and perfectly aligns with the core tenants of Roger Birkman's ground-breaking assessment. The book is very thorough - walking us through the theoretical and philosophical, all the way to practical examples of how language can give us real clues to a person's perspective on life. I have found information in On Coaching that I haven't seen in any other books or materials from Birkman. The time Bob spent interviewing Roger Birkman and talking through the formation of The Method was a magical investment of time and this book really makes those significant insights come alive.
A must read for coaches!
“On Coaching with the Birkman Method” dynamically holds the space for the personal change agent to increase their knowledge, intuition and effectiveness.
There is so much to learn and consider here. The author’s passion for understanding neurophysiology and social perception is providing deep personal insight for me.
Robert brings a sense of awe and respect to how we understand our own reality and that of our clients. His writing inspires me to open my personal system of knowledge, ask more effective questions, and build greater perceptive abilities. He creates anticipation for the coach to see and interpret with new awareness, envision greater possibilities, and inspire more authentic and effective action.
Don’t let the title fool you. With an unexaggerated breadth of application, this book is definitely not just for experienced coaches practiced in the Birkman Method. Yet its wisdom may influence you to become one!
First of all, I am a Birkman trained consultant. I have gone through the training, I remain current on my continuing educational. I have been University train as an executive coach and as an expert in Strategic, Agile, and Organization Leadership. I now work in companies to improve Organizational health and performance. Before that I spent 30 years as a Pastor in large congregations.
Although I purchased this to improve my Birkman skills, the truth is that reading this book has improved and enhanced me in all the areas I am involved.
My point is simple. This book is not just about using the Birkman method!! Nor is it just for Birkman coaches. It is about how our brain works, how people communicate, why people communicate the way they do: sender to receiver, receiver to sender. It is all about how we can help ourselves and others, including those in the work place to grow to be their very best!
Even if you are not a Birkman user, you need to purchase this one and learn from it! Expensive? .., yes!! But it’s a manual and check back reference that is worth every Penny!!!
Terry S. Slinde
About the Author
Coach and Birkman practitioner for over thirty years. He has coached hundreds of clients, trained dozens of Birkman practitioners and now shares his knowledge of how to coach using The Birkman Method®. With a firm grasp on the theories of cognitive neuropsychology, and linguistic philosophy, his practical experience comes through in the many real-world examples in this book.