Skin Picking: The Freedom to Finally Stop
Publisher: Annette Pasternak
ISBN 10: 0991234723
ISBN 13: 978-0991234721
Free yourself from the destructive cycle of compulsive skin pickingAnnette Pasternak, Ph.D., the Stop Skin Picking Coach, teaches you everything you need to know about why you pick your skin and how to break free of this frequently devastating behavior. Step-by-step she leads you through:
- Exercises to help you to break the habit of the behavior.
- Techniques to reduce stress and anxiety naturally, thus reducing the body’s need to pick.
- How to release negative thoughts and emotions holding you back.
- Lifestyle and diet changes to restore physiological balance, including which foods to avoid, which to eat more of, and natural supplements to help you stop.
- How to stay motivated, inspired and positive.
"There are tragically few books for skin pickers. I celebrate the appearance of this honest and clear account of the approaches that have helped Annette recover from skin picking, and which she now uses in her own work with coaching clients."
- Christina Pearson, President, Heart and Soul Academy, Inc. (current), Founder of the Trichotillomania Learning Center (1990 - 2013)
"Annette Pasternak's book 'Skin Picking, the Freedom to Finally Stop' is a comprehensive, holistic guide for changing pathological skin picking behavior. I will enthusiastically recommend this book to my clients who suffer with both skin picking and other body-focused repetitive behaviors."
- Suzanne Mouton-Odum, Ph.D., developer of Stoppicking.com and Stoppulling.com, co-author of "A Parent Guide to Hair Pulling Disorder"
"Annette Pasternak offers a quality self-help approach for those suffering from Excoriation (Skin Picking Disorder).
About the Author
Annette Pasternak, Ph.D. is a certified Holistic Health Coach and certified practitioner of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition living in Los Angeles. Formerly a research scientist, college professor and high school chemistry teacher who struggled for more than two decades with chronic skin picking, Annette is now dedicated to helping others, worldwide, break free from its tenacious grip.
Find more about Annette and her coaching services at stopskinpickingcoach.com.