When You're Not F*cking Fine: A Beginner's Guide to Anxiety, Depression, and Understanding Your Mental Health
ISBN 10: 1728225469
ISBN 13: 978-1728225463
A mental health guide to stand by you when you're about to lose your mind
How do you stay healthy and realistic when you're also dealing with depression, mania, or anxiety? What do you do when, actually, you don't feel f*cking fine? Emily Reynolds explores the unique challenges of living with mental illness, anxiety, and depression, including:
- How to deal with pressure in times of stress
- What self-care looks like and why it's important
- What to do to seek out a diagnosis, and what it means to have one
- Tips for dating when you are mentally ill (and what to expect when you're on the other side)
- Handling self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Advice for your family and friends
- Learning how to navigate the internet and the online community
- Advice on treatment and maintaining your mental health
A blackly funny, deeply compassionate, and extremely practical book, When You're Not F*cking Fine is all at once the author's personal account of what it's like to live with mental illness, a guide to dealing with and understanding it, and a companion to make the journey feel a little less lonely.
About the Author
Emily Reynolds is a writer/broadcaster from London. She has written about mental health, feminism, sex, science and tech for Observer, VICE, Wired UK, etc., blogged extensively about mental health and sits on the National Lottery's Youth Leadership Panel.