Your Happiness Toolkit: 16 Strategies for Overcoming Depression, and Building a Joyful, Fulfilling Life
Publisher: Morning Light Publishing
ISBN 10: 1733117504
ISBN 13: 978-1733117500
Looking for powerful, practical strategies to help yourself or someone else struggling with depression? This comprehensive guidebook provides a rich supply of resources, insights, and techniques you can use - starting today - to help yourself, or someone you care about.
This is not just another book about depression. This is a book about HEALING from depression - and it is a guidebook for PREVENTING depression in the first place. Brimming with time-tested, highly-customizable techniques, this book will help you build your own individualized toolbox of drug-free strategies to promote healing, resilience, and emotional wellness - from the inside out.
Here in this well-stocked strategy manual, you will find:
- 16 powerful self-help tools to overcome depression and other emotional challenges - even if you think you've "already tried everything."
- 5 quick-start Transformational Tools you can use right away to bring relief, rebuild hope, and move in a positive direction.
- A 4-point individualized assessment model, to help identify the specific causes of THIS particular depression - and then identify specific healing solutions to address these issues.
- Clear understanding about what FEEDS depression, what FIGHTS it, and how you can build and maintain a positive, depression-resistant lifestyle over time.
- Valuable insight about why depression has become so common in recent years - and what you and your loved ones can do to live happily in an ever-more challenging world.
Compiled and developed over thirty-plus years by counselor and public health educator Carrie M. Wrigley, LCSW, the healing strategies provided in this book can also help:
- relieve anxiety
- promote addiction recovery
- facilitate healing from abuse, trauma, or grief
- resolve conflicts in relationships and families
- improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- enhance emotional and physical wellness
This book also serves as a valuable resource manual for counselors, educators, healing professionals, chaplains, ministers, parents, caregivers, and others seeking to provide relief and positive guidance to those within their care. it gathers and integrates the best resources from a vast wellspring of well-researched programs such as:
- CBT (Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy)
- Positive Psychology
- IPT (Interpersonal Therapy)
- MBTI (Meyers-Briggs) personality assessment
- Behavior Modification
- Nutrition, exercise, and activity
- Communication and relationship skills training
A Quick-Access Guide and user-friendly navigation are provided, making it easy for readers (including professional helpers) to find just the resource needed to meet the need at hand. A thorough Bibliography (organized by topic and tools) is also included, making it easy to find additional information regarding strategies you find most useful.
Whether you face your own emotional challenges, seek to extend emotional relief to others, or are simply determined to stay happy and well-balanced in an ever-more challenging world, this well-stocked strategy manual is for YOU -- teaching you, one step at a time, how to build and maintain enduring happiness, vibrant productivity, and rich fulfillment in life.
Hands-on strategies for a happy life... A hands-on, straightforward approach to lifting ourselves and others out of depression; a wonderful resource for learning how to find joy in our lives and avoid depression altogether.
Uses a concise, step-by-step approach that acknowledges that the healing journey is individual and personal. A book that has the potential to change the mental health crisis.
Wrigley has given those who seek greater happiness (i.e. all of us!) a gift - a true toolbox with instructions on how to use each tool for building that happiness. Easy for the layman to understand and implement, but equally valuable to the professional!
The most beautiful thing about this book is this: it gives YOU the power to move forward. This is real, effective, and practical power that lies within YOU.
The book is well written for both professionals and general public suffering from depression which is so prevalent today. Very informative and applicable to patient care. Highly recommended!
If you're the person who has "tried it all," this book is for you. If you're the person who wants solutions that will improve mood within the hour, this book is for you. If you're the person who wants to know how to avoid getting depression and/or anxiety, this book is for you. I don't know anyone whose life would not be GREATLY enriched by obtaining the information in this book.
Practical tips for addressing mental illness without medication. Attacks myths like depression is a life sentence. There is Hope! There is Healing!
For professional therapists and for those seeking to heal themselves, or for others seeking to help beloved family members or friends suffering from depression. Those willing to read and follow the healthy patterns taught here will be able to discover hope and happiness for their future lives.
If you're even thinking about buying this, that means you need it.